When we hear of grant opportunities, they will be listed on this page. Please check back often, as grants will be added as they are identified.
|Teaching Artist Roster|
Creative Futures Grants
Opens Dec. 2022
Opens spring 2023
Round 1 – opens Sept. 15, 2022
Round 1 – Nov. 1, 2022
People’s Choice Creation Grant Award for Artists in Vermont
The People’s Choice Creation Grant Award is a unique opportunity for artists—and the broader Vermont community—to participate in the highly competitive Creation Grant program, discover new artists across a wide range of artistic disciplines, and vote on which amazing proposal to fund (it will be a challenge)!
Donor Name: Vermont Arts Council
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Award
Size of the Grant: up to $5,000
Creation Grant applicants choose on their application whether they would like their proposal to also be considered for the People’s Choice. It’s not mandatory! But by choosing to participate in the People’s Choice, you might:
- Increase your chances of receiving Creation Grant award funding
- Receive additional exposure of your work
- Increase your potential for additional support by listing your social payment service or crowdfunding platform for direct donations from the broader community.
How It Works
- Indicate on your Creation Grant application whether you would like your proposal to be considered for a People’s Choice Award, in addition to the independent panel review.
- After the independent panel review has concluded, proposals that have been selected to receive a Creation Grant award, along with proposals that have self-selected not to participate in the People’s Choice Award, will be notified. These proposals will not be considered for a People’s Choice Award.
- If you elect to have your proposal considered for a People’s Choice Award, the information you provide in the special People’s Choice Award section of the application will be the only information featured in the Council’s online Spotlight Gallery for the public to view.
- Vermont residents, curators, artists, presenters, publishers, and other arts professionals will be invited to view participating proposals on the website and use some of the same grant criteria to cast one vote for their selection of the People’s Choice Award. Participants must be 18 years old or older and be a Vermont resident in order to vote.
- Once the deadline for voting has passed, votes will be tallied. The proposal with the most votes will receive the Creation Grant People’s Choice Award for the amount requested in the proposal budget (up to the maximum $5,000).
Voters will be asked to use some of the same grant criteria used by the independent review panel, to make their selection in casting their vote, including:
- Strong technical skill and craft in the execution of the relevant work is demonstrated
- A combination of aesthetics, technical skill, and delivery is potentially engaging emotionally, intellectually, and/or spiritually
- Personal voice, vision, and authenticity shows in the proposed work
- The creative work demonstrates integrity and ethical use of material with specific cultural origins and content
- The proposed work will potentially reveal something about the world by communicating unique perspective(s) or by inviting the viewer, reader, or audience to question, discover, and/or explore new ideas
- There is strong potential for public presentation
For more information, visit People’s Choice Creation Grant Award.