Embark on a Journey of Learning and Engagement with Vermont Abenaki Artists Association’s program hub. VAAA’s calendar is filled with in-person, virtual, and recorded opportunities to enrich American Abenaki artists, authors, and scholars. Some of these programs include our annual Speaker Series, Abenaki Heritage Weekend held in June, hands-on art programs, and artist talks. Dive into a world of opportunities that await – choose your path below and unlock the doors to transformative experiences:
1. Teacher Training: Elevate your teaching with insights into Abenaki culture and heritage. Our training empowers educators to infuse authenticity into their curricula, fostering a deeper understanding among students.
2. Abenaki Storytelling Project: Immerse yourself in the captivating narratives that have been passed down through generations. Our storytelling initiative preserves and shares the essence of Abenaki traditions, creating a tapestry of oral history.
3. Annual Speaker Series: Did you miss one of the talks? If you did, here’s your chance to watch it at your leisure on our YouTube channel.
4. Waolowzi Health and Wellness: Join us in promoting health equity through the Waolowzi initiative. Discover a holistic approach to well-being that embraces cultural values and empowers communities.
5. Digital Capacity Skills: Access a treasure trove of knowledge at your convenience. Explore recordings from our Digital Capacity Skills program, focusing on mastering Zoom and Google Workspace tools.
Each program offers a unique perspective, a chance to learn, and an opportunity to connect. Your choice shapes your journey, and as you explore, you become a part of the dynamic tapestry of growth and understanding. Welcome to the gateway of upcoming experiences that await your participation.